Monday, June 20, 2011

A plea to DC and Marvel

I have a question for DC Comics and Marvel Comics as well. Why won't you let me give you my money? I am 2-3 hours from the nearest store that sells comics now. Why can't I get comics at Wal-mart? I live in NW Alabama and can find Ice fishing magazines locally, but not an issue of Batman! If you go to the DC web site the link for subscriptions leads to this: https://ssl.drgnetwork.com/ecom/dcc/app/live/dcc_redirect. Which is just a place holder for a website "under construction". I know DC has digital comics now, but there is no obvious link on the webpage (have to go to comixology for their digital wares, Marvel failed wonderfully there). I know your upcoming reboot is to get new readers, but if a new reader wanted to get your comics and didn't know where to go, your website and promotions in general fall short.

I may be a rare and isolated case. But I grew up reading comics, comics fueled a love for reading my entire life. Most of my life I could find comics literally anywhere and everywhere. Please answer my questions if you can. Where have the comics gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment